Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Art In Sets

I have this obsession that artwork needs to be properly placed.  This obsession can be proved if you examine all the holes in the walls of our house.  As a kid I remember my mother complaining that my father always hung her 'pictures' to high.  I think it's because he is tall and she is short.  For me it's not about the height, it's all about the impact - which leads us to today's posting.  I love the graphic impact that multiple pieces create.  Here are a few great examples.



Photo credit Josh McHugh

Cy Twombly Rome Horst Vogue

Elle Decor

John Kernick

Photo credit Simon Upton

Photo credit Simon Upton

Photo credit Simon Upton


Photo credit Simon Upton

Photo credit Thibault Jeanson

Photo credit William Waldron
Photo credit William Waldron

Photo credit William Waldron



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...